KOA is a marketing-driven organization built on the strength of the KOA brand. Our marketing activity is designed to attract new guests to KOA and increase loyalty of our existing camper base.
- Real-Time Reservations through KOA.com – over 28 million annual visitors provide 51% of the overall reservations at KOA campgrounds and generates more than $176 million in annual registration revenue for our franchise owners.
- Campground Pages – each KOA has its own landing page on KOA.com that allows franchisees to market their property’s amenities and activities to convert reservations.
- KOA App – Our KOA Mobile App completes the digital circle for KOA owners. To-date, the KOA App has 1.8 million lifetime downloads and 1.4 million active users.
Email and Social Media
- The Greater Outdoors Blog – KOA’s online blog lies at the epicenter of KOAs online engagement efforts.
- Email Marketing – Our email database numbers over 1 million campers that we reach monthly through our e-newsletter, the KOA Kompass and promotional emails relative to campers travel and purchasing habits.
- Search Marketing – Traffic to KOA.com continue to grow each year due to constant attention to search engine optimization (SEO) and investment in search engine marketing (SEM). In 2019, search marketing generated over $98 million in registration revenue.
- Social Media – KOA is extremely active in social media with a sizable presence on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram.
Advertising and Promotions
- KOA Directory – The KOA Directory and Quick Map is distributed to over 1 million campers annually.
- Gift Card Program – The KOA gift card program enables guests to easily give the gift of camping to friends and family.
- Digital Advertising – KOA makes a large investment in digital advertising each year to maintain our position as the top brand in camping. In 2019, our digital advertising produced over 2.5 million visits generating over $13 million in registration revenue.