SO YOU WANT TO OWN A CAMPGROUND? Join us at the next KOA Buyer’s Workshop
Thinking about buying a campground? Let KOA give you the tools to make an educated purchase decision. Join us on-site at the Fort Collins, CO KOA Buyer’s Workshop.
October 19 – 20, 2019
Fort Collins/Lakeside, CO KOA Holiday
*$300 per couple, $200 per person
*Includes lunch both days and continental breakfast Sunday morning
RESERVE YOUR SPOT NOW. Space is limited and seats fill fast!
CALL: (800) 548-7239.
With 57 years’ experience in campground operation, KOA knows what it takes to turn your dream of ownership into a reality. The workshop presenters include: KOA Director of Franchise Development, KOA Franchise Development Manager; representatives from Independence Bank, the primary lender for KOA franchisees for both acquisition and capital needs, and a representative from Leavitt Recreation & Hospitality Insurance. You will also spend time with a group of KOA owners/operators to better understand a day in the life of an owner.
Hosted at a KOA campground, this workshop gives you the unique opportunity to see the inner-workings of a campground and a chance to get more hands-on learning and a better understanding of what it really takes to own and operate your own campground. Our workshop will help you decide if owning a campground is right for you. And, while we’ll talk about owning a KOA franchised campground, (whether by acquisition or conversion), our primary goal is to provide you with information that will help you make an informed decision about whether owning a campground – any campground – is the right personal and professional decision for you.
The primary focus of this workshop is for an owner/operator scenario. Corporate or offsite ownership groups please contact KOA to set up a personalized consultation based upon your specific requirements.
EXAMPLES OF SOME OF THE MANY WORKSHOP TOPICS COVERED
- Benefits of Campground Ownership
- Factors in Buying an Existing Campground
- Understand Asking Price & Valuation (primarily owner/operator scenarios)
- Acquiring the necessary funding
- Moving from Contract to Closing
- The scope of Campground Insurance required
- Overview of owning and operating a campground
- Understanding KOA Franchising and the KOA Franchise System
COMMENTS FROM ATTENDEES
- “We’re done looking for consultants. KOA is a one-stop shop. We were so pleased to find a workshop that didn’t ask for an arm and leg to get the info.”
RS/LS, Sacramento, CA
- “Good broad coverage of the topics and no ‘sugar coating,’ appreciate hearing current owner comments.”
CB/LB, Gillette, WY
- “Very real information. Was very useful.”
JK, Golden, CO
Whether you’ve been dreaming of campground ownership for years, or are in the early stages of considering the outdoor hospitality business, this workshop can put you on the right path.
KOA CAMPGROUND INFORMATION
Fort Collins/Lakeside KOA Holiday
1910 Lakeside Resort Lane
Fort Collins, CO 80524
If staying at the campground, please remember to mention that you will be attending the KOA workshop.
For RV Sites or Cabins call: (800) 562-9168 or go online to https://koa.com/campgrounds/fort-collins-lakeside/
The following hotels are within a few miles of the Fort Collins/Lakeside KOA Holiday:
- Hilton Fort Collins (970) 482-2626
- Best Wester – Kiva Inn (970) 484-2444
- Budget Host (970) 484-0870